- Suzanne MacLeod – Professor, School of Museum Studies, RCMG
- Alison Thornhill – Community and Engagement Manager, Calke Abbey, National Trust
Core Research Team
- Richard Sandell – Professor, School of Museum Studies & Co-Director RCMG
- Julie Howell – Creative Producer
- Jocelyn Dodd – Co-Director, RCMG
- Sarah Plumb – Research Development Fellow, RCMG
- Stewart Alcock – General Manager, Calke Abbey and Leicestershire Portfolio, National Trust
- Karl Ambler – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Jane Banister – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Andrea Berry – Food and Beverage Assistant, Calke Abbey
- Heloise Brooke – Head Gardener, Calke Abbey
- Patrick Burke – Consultancy Manager, Volunteering and Participation, National Trust
- Steve Butterworth – Food, Beverage and Retail Manager, Calke Abbey
- Jo Davenport – Visitor Experience Consultant, National Trust
- Natasha Deacon – Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, Calke Abbey
- Owen Ensor – Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, Calke Abbey
- Carolyn Galbraith – Facilities and Operational Support Manager, Calke Abbey
- Julie Griffith – House and Collections Manager, Calke Abbey
- Rebecca Harvey – Midlands Curator, National Trust
- Karen Heath – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Sue Hubbard – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Caroline Icke – Marketing and Communications Officer, Calke Abbey
- Kylie Jennings – Membership and Visitor Welcome Manager, Calke Abbey
- Kate Joplin – Policy and Strategy Consultant, Jo Cox Commission
- Zoe Knights – Engagement Officer, Calke Abbey
- Dave Lees – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Nicole Lenihan – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Emily Mabbott – Ranger, Calke Abbey
- Verena Marshall – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Alannah Rasen – Visitor Experience Officer, Calke Abbey
- Celia Sanger – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Sharn Stinson – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Sue Styche – Volunteer, Calke Abbey
- Caroline Taylor – Visitor Experience Manager, Calke Abbey
- Emma Thompson – Volunteering Co-ordinator, Calke Abbey
Creatives and Production
Tom Duncan is an architect and co-director of Duncan McCauley with Noel McCauley. Duncan McCauley was founded in Berlin in 2003 in response to the evolving task range needed in museum and exhibition design. The work of the studio encompasses masterplanning, architecture, exhibition design and audio-visual production for museums and cultural institutions.Tom worked on Stage 1 of the project to help develop a Framework for interpretation and programming at the site around the theme of loneliness and isolation.
Julie Howell is a researcher, spatial artist/designer and creative producer. She works to create installations, exhibitions and events within communities and cultural and heritage sites. She is interested in reinterpreting and re-framing spaces and places and their stories, to create new ways of informing, new memories and social/behavioural change. Julie was lead creative in Stage 2 of HumanKind.
Anna Lincoln has a background in museums, exhibition design and communication design. She develops and designs projects collaboratively to create meaningful experiences for cultural and urban spaces. Working with the HumanKind team, Anna realised the design of HumanKind.
Frances MacLeod is a budding artist and brilliant student from the Royal School for the Deaf, Derby. She created drawings based on the doodles of Henry Harpur for the largest of the three landscape rooms and reviewed and edited exhibition text.
Lea Nagano is a passionate visual director and motion designer. Her practice explores the power of film narrative and moving image in spatial environments. Lea created, in partnership with the HumanKind team, the animation Henry Harpur is a Fool.
Remark! is a Deaf led organisation, established in 1999. They are passionate about the Deaf community and provide a range of services to meet the needs of clients. Their services include BSL interpreting, BSL training, subtitling, in-vision and support workers. Remark! worked with the HumanKind team to create the film that explores the contemporary issue of loneliness and social isolation.
WW Engineers are a family run steel fabricating business based in Market Harborough. They are general steel fabricators, manufacturing items in either, mild steel, aluminium or stainless steel. They undertake any type of work from one-off prototypes to batch production. WW Engineers worked closely with the HumanKind team to enable our unique vision of the landscape rooms to come to life.